Skip to content
Top 10 Facts
- Breast cancer is common
Breast cancer rates in India are rising and in urban areas, it is the most common cancer in women.
- Breast cancer kills
It is a leading cause of death for women.
- Every women is at risk
Some factors increase a women’s risk of developing breast cancer. However, two-third of women who get breast cancer have no known risk factors
- Early detection saves life
When found and treated early, breast cancer is curable in more than 90% of women.
- Mammograms can help to detect cancer early
Death rate from the disease can be reduced by 1/3 if mammogram screening is used.
- Breast cancer can recur at any time
The disease can come back at any time, either in the breast or other areas of the body. The longer you go without recurrence, the higher your chance of staying cancer free
- Eating right and exercising can reduce risk of breast cancer
Low fat, high fiber diet and regular exercise can reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Not smoking, not drinking can improve breast health
- Men can develop breast cancer too
- Pregnancy and breast cancer can co-exist
About 3% of women diagnosed with breast cancer are pregnant or breast feeding